These easy cinnamon Palmiers are the perfect little accompaniment for a cup of coffee. Jump to Recipe
Crunchy and buttery, with the richness of cinnamon and sweetness of the sugar, it’s easy to see why I am addicted to them.
These take less than 30 minutes, and that’s because I cheat. I use ready made puff pastry, you are welcome to make your own though. I’m just lazy, so I grab a box of jus roll puff pastry. It even comes in a gluten free option!
It only takes four ingredients to make this lovely little treats, and no cooking skills at all (unless you make your own pastry).
After sprinkling the sugar and cinnamon I like to press it in by gently rolling the pastry with a rolling pin, just so it sticks completely.
The hardest part for me is cutting them, you want to use a sharp knife or the pastry will stick to it and ruin the shape. The folding is a lot easier than it sounds, and once folded and cut you will need to leave enough space on the baking dish, to allow room for the pastry to expand. The thinner your slices the crunchier your Palmiers.
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Palmiers
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 20 g unsalted butter
- Pregeat the oven to 200degrees
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter
- Cut the pastry in half and set one half aside.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle the sugar mixture on
- With a rolling pin, gently press the sugar and cinnamon on the pastry
- Fold it twice on each side.
- Fold it on itself so you have 4 layers*
- Cut pastry into small slices
- Brush with butter and bake for 15 minutes
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Repeat with leftover pastry