No bake cheesecakes are my jam! Bourbon creams are a staple in our house, so of course the two had to meet!
I am a very big fan of no bake cheesecakes, and one of my most popular recipes on here is my kinder Bueno cheesecake. This recipe is very similar to that one, as I use a baseline recipe for all my no bake cheesecakes.
This can take me about 20 minutes to assemble or even less, however it does need to be chilled so it can set. Apart from the setting of it, the part that takes the longest is dividing the biscuits from the cream.
There are three components to this cheesecake: the base, filling and decoration.
Personally I prefer my base to be all one solid slab, however I know some people prefer it to have lumps, so if this is to I’d say skip the pulsing. For this step I like to use a nutribullet, as it is so easy and quick to use and clean.
To get the cream to melt and mix properly I like to premix I with some cream before adding it in. I also keep some that I just fold in, so you have little bites of bourbon cream with every mouthful. If you prefer it to be all smooth, you can skip this step.
When it comes to decorating cakes, I keep it simple. Mainly because I’m a messy cook and they never turn out how I want them too. However I do believe this could look beautiful with some piped cream. One thing I would say is don’t add the biscuit on top until just before serving, as biscuits do go stale in the fridge.
- 400 g Bourbon Creams
- 75 g Butter
- 440 g Philadelphia cheese
- 100 g Double Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extraxt
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar Sifted
- Divide the biscuits and cream centre
- Melt the butter
- In a food processor or nutiblender blitz the biscuits until you have a fine powder
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the powder and mix the rest with the butter
- Spread it on a 9inch pan. Leave it in the fridge to set whilst you make the cream.
- Take about half of the biscuit cream and mix it with a tablespoon of double cream until you get a paste like consistency.
- With an electric mixer whisk the cream cheese, sugar, double cream and the bourbon paste you just made.
- Once you have a tick spoonable consistency, fold in the bourbon cream chunks leftover.
- Spoon it onto the base and smooth it out, then leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving decorate it with left over biscuit powder and some whole biscuits.