Today’s recipe is my quick and easy go to mushroom pasta. Star ingredient is mushrooms and if you don’t like them, I’m sorry but this is not for you. However if, like me, you are a mushroom fan, then this is the recipe for you.
If you follow me on Instagram you already know that lately I have been making very quick meals using basic ingredients, so as to spend more time focusing on my daughter.
I love cooking with mushrooms. They might not be the prettiest vegetable out there, but they are packed with flavour. Not to mention how much Vitamin D they contain. Another dish I love making with mushrooms is my Mushroom and Goat’s Cheese Galette.
Although this mushroom pasta recipe is quick and only has a few ingredients it definitely delivers big bold flavours and is perfect as a weekday dinner. The herbs give it a freshness and pie perfectly with the strong flavours of mushrooms. This time I used your standard close cup mushrooms but it also works really well with chestnut mushrooms. You can also add some dried porcini mushrooms for a stronger flavour.
Easy Mushroom Pasta
- 250 g Chopped button mushrooms
- 10 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Basil
- 1/4 Cup Parsley
- 1/4 Cup Coriander
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Chilli Flakes To Taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 140 g Penne Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Pecorino Grated
- Start by chopping up your onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs.
- Next heat up 2 tablespoon of olive oil and gently fry the onion and garlic, add some chilli flakes to flavour the oil.
- Add your mushrooms along with about 2/4 cup of water, stir and cover. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have started wilting add the tomatoes, coriander and parsley. Season, stir and cover. Let it cook over a low flame, while the pasta is cooking.
- Boil your pasta water and add in the pasta.
- Just before draining add a ladleful of pasta water to the mushrooms, this will give the “sauce” a smoother texture.
- Add your pasta to the mushrooms, stir, add in your Parmesan and leave it off the heat for a few minutes to let the pasta soak up the moisture.
- Garnish with basil and Pecorino and enjoy.