Today I am sharing my ultimate oven fried parmesan chicken fillets. Crunchy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside, with just the right amount of parmesan on the crust to give it that lovely taste. The herbs used for this recipe were chosen specifically because of how well they compliment this hard cheese. I like to use fresh cheese, instead of the pre grated stuff. When I first tried this recipe, I was actually aiming for chicken strips, however I was too lazy to chop the chicken and, in this case at least, my laziness was a blessing in disguise.
These are the perfect side, a comfort food without the deep frying. My favourite way to have them is in a baguette with some salad and cheese. Better yet why not toast it?! Ilike to toast mine into the Russel Hobbs toaster and the result is a panini on a whole new level! However if you are not interested in the extra carbs, fear not, as these fillets are also great with just a salad or even on their own, dipped into the sauce of your choice.
The recipe is pretty straight forward and a lot like my Oven Fred Chicken one. In fact I use the same blend of baking soda, corn-starch, flour and bread to get that lovely crunch. The method is also the same, it works perfectly every time so why change it?
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken Fillets
- 500 g Mini Chicken Fillets
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 60 g Butter
- Preheat your oven to 200degrees
- In a clean bowl mix the paprika, basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Take a pinch of the spice mixture and rub it on the clean chicken
- In a shallow bowl beat the eggs and milk together with 1/2 teaspoon of the spice mixture
- Add the chicken to egg mixture, massage the egg into the chicken so that every part is soaked in it
- Add the parmesan, flour, cornstarch, baking powder and breadcrumbs to the spice mix
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture, making sure it is evenly coated
- Dip it back in the egg mixture and tap any excess off
- Dip it back in the flour mixture and coat it evenly
- Melt the butter in the oven using an ovenproof dish
- Place the chicken in the melted butter and bake for 15 minutes
- Flip the chicken onto the other side and bake for another 10 minutes or until it is cooked throughout
- Enjoy hot!