These goat’s cheese and honey appetizers are perfect for dinner parties. Little mouthfuls of soft goat’s cheese sweetened by honey, and coated in nuts and dried fruits. You gotta love it!
As you all know by now, I am a great fan of quick and easy dishes. As much as I would love to spend hours cooking, realistically, I can’t do that very often. These are incredibly fast and easy to make, the perfect addition to a dinner party menu. They can also be pre-made which means that you get to spend more time with your guests.
They are so versatile too, which is always a plus. You can use whatever nuts or fruits you want to a coat them. The great thing about the nursery coating is how much it can change the theme of the dish. For example a spicy peanut coating will be totally different to an herbs and pistachio coating. The possibilities are endless.
My favourite nuts to use are pistachios and toasted almonds. Mainly because I always have almond flakes in the house, but also because you can get them in small portions which means you spend less money and waste less food. You don’t need to chop the nuts neatly, and to make the process even quicker I use a my Russell Hobbs food chopper.
As for the dried fruits, I love using dried apricots or figs! But I can see this working with cranberries too.
For this dish, you will need to use soft goats cheese without a rind. This will make it easier to mix and ensure a smooth filling. I like to serve mine on a simple cracker, with a stirrer. That way you can use the stirrer to spread the cheese in the cracker.
For other great appetisers idea, check out Simply Full Of Delight’s round up post!
Note: As you might have noticed this recipe doesn’t have nutritional information. This is because it will vary depending on what nuts or fruits you use, so do keep that in mind.
Goats Cheese and Honey Appetisers
- 100 g Soft Goats Cheese
- 20 g Soft cheese
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 10 g Pistachios
- 10 g Almond flakes
- 10 g Unsalted Peanuts
- 1 Tsp Chilli powder
- 1/8 Cup Fresh parsley
- 3 Dried apricots
- Start by roasting your almonds in a dry pan over low heat. Keep stirring them so as not to burn them and remove from heat once they start to brown. Set them aside.
- Roughly chop up the pistachios and parsley and mix it in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Roughly chop up the peanuts, season them with the chilli and salt and set aside.
- Chop up the dried apricots and set them aside
- In a bowl mix the cheeses with the honey
- Using a spoon take some cheese mix and roll it into a ball
- Roll it into your desired coating and then spear it with a wooden stirrer
- Once you have used up all the cheese, leave the balls in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.
- Serve them on a cracker for easy eating