A super quick meal, my easy asparagus and prawns linguini takes all of 15 minutes and tastes lovely! As you know by now prawn is something I use often, and in a variety of dishes such as my lemon and prawns risotto and my king prawn fried rice (another super quick dish).
The main flavour in this dish is the asparagus. Because it the sauce is basically the oil in which the asparagus is cooked, it’s flavour runs through every mouthful. It is an easy veg to cook and I love its sharpness, however I don’t use it nearly enough! The cherry tomatoes and freshly grated pecorino cheese add a sweetness to the dish and a lovely Mediterranean feeling in my opinion. It makes me want to lounge in the sun on a lazy afternoon, this is a very summery dish!
One of the main things which I find makes a real difference when cooking pasta, is to cook it until it is just almost done, and then finish it off in the sauce. I feel like this helps the sauce flavours adhere more to the pasta. Also I always make sure to add a little of the pasta water to oil based sauces such as this one. The starch in it adds a special creaminess to it, which I find hard to resist.
I like to use linguine or tagliatelle for this sauce, but of course, you can use whatever pasta you like. However I do feel like it works miles better with long pasta than it does with short ones.
Are you as big a fan of asparagus as I am? I’d love to know your feedback in the comments! Also if you try this do tag me on Instagram as I love seeing your twists on it!
Easy Asparagus and Prawns Linguine
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots Chopped Finely
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Minced
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 200 g Asparagus Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 250 g Prawns Cooked
- Basil Chopped
- 180 g Linguine Pasta
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Pecorino To Taste
- Basil Leaves
- Start by putting your pasta water on, add salt and cover until it boils
- In a large pan heat up the olive oil along with the butter
- Gently fry the shallots, parsley, chilli flakes and garlic
- Add in the asparagus, dried oregano and tomato and cover. Let it simmer for a few minutes until the asparagus start to soften up
- At this point the pasta water should be boiling, add the linguini and cook according to the packet's instructions
- Once the asparagus is cooked, add the prawns and season with salt and pepper
- Add in the basil and stir
- Once the linguine is cooked, drain but save about 3 tablespoons of pasta water
- Add the pasta water to the sauce and stir
- Add the pasta and stir
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes so that it absorbs the flavours
- Garnish with pecorino and fresh basil just before serving and enjoy hot