Another very quick recipe today starring honey and garlic.
Gone are the days where I would spend ages in the kitchen, nowadays it’s 15 or 30 minutes meals all the way, or of course a good old slow cooker meal. Either way, minimal effort. Today’s dish took approximately 30 minutes, it’s tasty, filling and you probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen.
It also reheats quite well so makes for a great packed lunch, which is always a big deal for me. I am also a big fan of being able to use whatever when garnishing! today I used chilli flakes and toasted sesame seeds, but spring onions and coriander are also favourites of mine.
This recipe is for 2 people, so if you are cooking for more you will need to adjust the measurements.
- 1 Chicken Breast Cubed
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil for frying
- Start by mixing the cornstarch with a pinch of salt and some pepper. Use this to cover the chicken, make sure every cube is coated in it. This will make the chicken crispier and make sure the inside is still soft and juicy.
- In a pan heat up the sesame oil and shallow fry the chicken until the outside is golden
- While the chicken is cooking mix your soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and chilli flakes in a jug. Pour this over the chicken stir so everything is covered and let it simmer for a few minutes until the chicken is flavoured by the sauce.
- Serve with rice and garnish with chilli flakes toasted sesame seeds